Negligence causing injury can take all shapes and forms. These general negligence claims are usually made against a person or company, who then relies on their public liability insurance to pay for the claim. For that reason these claims are sometimes grouped as public liability claims.
Blumers Lawyers have extensive experience in all manner of public liability claims. A few examples of the types of claims we have handled over the years include:
- falling over at the shops;
- food poisoning resulting from eating at a restaurant;
- a beauty product requiring heating that exploded when heated;
- a pedestrian being attacked by a neighbourhood dog;
- serious burns from laser hair removal;
- a chair breaking at a shopping centre; and
- slipping over while visiting a shop or home.
If you have been injured in a public place, a place of business or someone’s home you may be eligible to make a claim for damages if you are able to prove that the accident was caused by the negligence of a person or company.
Blumers will assist you in gathering the necessary evidence and finding the right experts to prove your case. If you think you have a claim please consider these steps which may make it easier for us to assess your claim:
- Is there any CCTV or other recorded footage showing the incident that injured you or shortly before the incident?
- Was anyone else injured in the same way, either at the same time or before your injury?
- Do you know if a fault or problem was reported to the person responsible before you were injured? If so, is there any evidence of this such as emails or incident reports?
It is important that you obtain advice at an early stage as to whether or not you have a claim and the time limits that will apply to that claim.