Motor Vehicle Accident

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident in Tasmania there are two things you need to do:

  1. You need to apply for scheduled benefits through the Motor Accidents Insurance Board (‘MAIB’). Scheduled benefits are payments that the MAIB will make to cover a number of things, including 80% of your wage loss, your out of pocket expenses, personal and home care, and occasionally travel expenses. Your GP or hospital staff will normally assist you with this.
  2. If the accident was caused by someone else’s fault, you will be entitled to make a claim for common law damages. In addition to your scheduled benefits, you can claim for:
    • Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life;Past and future medical, rehabilitation, and care expenses;
    • Past and future loss of income and earning capacity; and
    • Past and future loss of superannuation contributions.

    We can help you with that claim.

Blumers Personal Injury Lawyers are expert at handling motor vehicle injury claims. Make an appointment online with one of our lawyers, or call or email us today.

Time limits apply to motor vehicle claims.